Thrust IV born from perfect blend of the best in Thrust III and Thrust HP. In all it is much improved paramotor wing, as well as a very nice, sweet, free flying glider for stress-free, enjoyable flying under power or just soaring.
Thrust IV implements all the traditional APCO features - SRS® (Stall Recovery System) as standard, HIT valve, FLEXON batten and now also with ball bearing pulleys on new redesigned 20mm. risers.
SRS® is designed to be an important feature, safe-guarding you incase of deep stall, but it is also a great help in improving launch characteristics when wing hesitates to come up over head. The THRUST launch was always spotless, but now its even better - foolproof.
For pilot looking for dual purpose wing - Thrust IV is THE choice.
SRS Guided Launch
(Stall Recovery System in action)
Whatever the pilot will do and despite his "best" efforts to spoil the launch, the Thrust IV will come up evenly, consistently to stay over head, waiting for launch.
- SRS® (Stall Recovery System) for perfect launch and safety more »
- Latest evolution of Flexon battens® design
- APCO exclusive HIT Valve® system - insures excellent stability at all speeds
- Ball bearing pulleys - further aiding smooth acceleration and easy use of speed bar
- Trim tab - non-slip, easy lock (fully replaceable)
- Brake handle with swivel and neodynium magnets
- Newly revised color design making it more appealing, stands out in the crowd
- Launch - spotless, on every hill, any time of the year - easier than ever
- Ground handling - effortlessly positions itself overhead in no time and just hovers there waiting to accelerate into the air
- Flying - smooth acceleration and immediate response to the engine's thrust
- Handling – new brake arrangement for the best handling Total fun - light, precise, immediate
- Safety - unshakable with well proven track record
- Landing - plain and simple
- Improved lateral tension for rigid feel and smooth ride
- 20mm. riser for easier handling and reduced drag
For technology web page – click here
|Area (projected) [m2]
|Span (projected) [m]
|Aspect Ratio (projected)
|Pilot Weight (all up) P/M [Kg]
|Pilot Weight (all up) P/G [Kg]
|Canopy Weight [kg]
|Root Chord [m]
|Tip Chord [m]
|Length of Lines on B [m]
|Total Length of Line used [m]
Free flying Certification carried over from Thrust
Paramotoring Certification (DGAC) - pending
|V-min @ optimum wing load
|V-trim @ optimum wing load
|V-trim off @ optimum wing load
|V-max @ optimum wing load
|Min Sink @ optimum wing load
The Thrust IV also received a general make over - now dressed in well recognisable APCO color design
CONSTRUCTION AND MATERIALS
The glider is made from tear resistant Ripstop Nylon cloth, which is P.U. coated
to zero porosity and then siliconized to give the fabric high resistance to the
elements. Different cloth is used for the top, bottom and ribs due to their different
functions. The lines are made of superaramid covered with a polyester sheath for protection
against UV, wear and abrasion. The bottom section of the brake lines is made of polyester
because of its better mechanical properties. The karabiners that attach the lines to the
risers are made of stainless steel.
||42 g/m2 "Zero Porosity" Ripstop Nylon
||FLEXON® batten system
||3 years / 250 Hours
|Center Bottom (A/B) L/XL
|Center Bottom (A/B) S/M
OPTIONS AND ACCESSORIES
50012: Custom Logo
Customise your glider by adding a personal or company logo.
80026: Paramotor container (size S) for Mayday 16SLT and 18SLT
The best made, best looking, universal emergency parachute container designed to fit most frames,
offering easy operation, safe deployment and convenient location.
50011: Custom Colour
Would you like to personalize the look of your paraglider?
All APCO gliders can be tailored to meet your color needs.
42477-42459: Glider Backpack or Light Clinch Bag
The wing is supplied in Paragliding bag as standard.
The Paragliding Bag can be replaced with Light Clinch bag for all wings on demand.
42460: Concertina Bag
42458: Clinch Bag with Carry Straps / Converts into Backpack
Durable, Comfortable. Large Carry Bag for Quick packing of all your equipment.
Holds unfolded glider, Harness, Helmet, etc.
42459: Light Clinch Bag
Durable, Comfortable.Made from LightRipstop material.
Large Carry Bag for Quick packing of all your equipment.
Holds unfolded glider, Harness, Helmet, etc. easily and quick.
50024: Riser Sock
Riser sock supplied as standard with each wing.
79999: Replacement Trim Webbing
Replacement webbing for riser trimmer
The Thrust IV comes in an ergonomic rucksack incl. an inner stuff bag, compression strap, riser sock, spares kit, owner's manual and an industry first 3 yr/250 hr warranty - all as standard.